Frequently Asked Questions
If the member is registered, you can follow the link on the member's name.
You will get the most recent contact information we have. HALO-DB doesn't support a direct contact.
Only logged-in users who belong to at least one mission can create a data source (instrument or model).
As logged-in user you can subscribe a dataset.
In that case you will be informed immediately, if a new release of the dataset is available.
If you are logged-in and your account is related to dataset subscriptions, there are several ways to cancel a subscription.
- To unsubscribe datasets en bloc, please visit your personal account page.
- To unsubscribe a single dataset, please take a look on the dataset's page.
- The e-mail notification of the dataset subscription contains a encrypted link.
The visit of that link will cancel your subscription of the dataset.
Be carfully and don't forward the notification e-mail to a third party.
Otherwise they can cancel the subscription of your dataset without your affirmation.
To establish a new mission on HALO-DB, please contact the HALO-DB staff at first.
After we have initialized a site for your mission, you may login and edit most parts of it. You can add members to your mission, assign roles to them, or revoke memberships.
Please ask any PI or Admin of that mission to sign you up. You will need to provide the e-mail address you registered at HALO-DB.
Please make sure you followed the HALO-DB specific conventions for the data format of your file. If your platform/model/instrument/ ... is not known to the HALO-DB yet, you might need to add it first. Please contact the HALO-DB staff if you need assistance with that.
Please login to HALO-DB. Mission crews are only visible for logged in users. If you do not have an account yet, please register.
Please login to HALO-DB. Additionally you might need to get signed up for the specific mission. Please contact a mission PI or Admin for that. A "download" button will show up next to the file for you then.
HALO-DB currently supports the following data formats for uploading datasets:
GTE, NASA Ames, NetCDF.
These are the most common data formats used within the HALO community. Currently there are no funds available for the development of new software modules to support other formats.
Please study the log messages on the upload page. Only errors (colored red in the log) make the upload fail. Common problems include the use of characters from an extended ASCII table (e.g. "µ"), or violation of the HALO-DB conventions for your chosen data format. Eliminate the cause of the error and try again. Please contact us, if you need assistance.
Table of contents
- How can I contact a member of a mission?
- I'm missing a data source (instrument or model). How can I create a new data source?
- Why I should subscribe a dataset?
- How can I unsubscribe a dataset?
- I'm a PI of an upcoming HALO mission. How I can establish a site for my mission in the HALO-DB?
- I want to be a member of an existing mission. How to do?
- Metadata from my file do not show up in the HALO-DB. Why?
- How do I find out who is a PI or Admin of the mission I am interested in?
- In the list I can see the dataset I am interested in. How can I download it?
- I'm a member of a mission and I want to upload my dataset. Why doesn't HALO-DB support the data format of my dataset?
- The upload of my dataset failed. What can I do?